2018 Voice of the Ocean International Photography Team Challenge
Slogan: Ocean without Borders
Registering to the competition automatically implies the photographer’s agreement and acceptance of all competition rules as set and stated by the competition production below.
- This team challenge will be separated into DSLR Camera/ Mirrorless Camera Category and Compact Camera Category.
- Each team must consist of THREE photographers of any nationality.
- Each photographer is only allowed to join ONE team.
- The portfolio submitted by the team must consist ONE picture of each the following categories:
2. Wide Angle
3. Animal Behavior
4. Underwater Fashion
- The team must consist of all DSLR Camera/Mirrorless camera or Compact Camera user.
- Portfolios that are submitted to wrong category will be disqualified.
- Only one photographer needs to register for submission and submit all the names on behalf of the team.
Photographs are not allowed to repeat in other portfolios submitted.
- Images should be resized to 150DPI and 2000pixels on the longest side.
- Images should be zipped up and rename in the following format:
- DSLR_TEAMNAME_01.zip or COMP_TEAMNAME_01.zip
- DSLR_TEAMNAME_02.zip or COMP_TEAMNAME_02.zip
- Teams can submit unlimited sets of portfolio.
- Entry fee for each portfolio submission is US$30
- Photographs are not allowed to repeat in other portfolios submitted.
- Teams reaching the final stages will be asked to provide original image files in RAW and JPEG. Note that these files are requested for validation purposes and participants who fail to provide these original files as requested will be disqualified.
- Team Challenge Submission will be closed at 23:59, 8 August 2018, UTC/GMT +0800
General Rules & Regulations for all categories
1. The 2018 Voice of the Ocean International Photography Team Challenge is open to entrants of all skill levels. Employees of Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd, Judges and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
2. Live judging of the 2018 Voice of the Ocean International Photography Team Challenge finalists will be held at the Beijing ADEX 2018 show. The results will be published in Scuba Diver Ocean Planet, uw360.asia, wechat and weibo.
3. Photographers retain all copyrights to their images. Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd and all titles under its name retain the right to publish the contest entries in any format to congratulate the winners and to promote future events and will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use in any media now or hereafter known, without restriction, including commercially using it to the fullest extent possible.
4. By entering the 2018 Voice of the Ocean International Photography Team Challenge, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
5. Marine life should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo/video. Entries suspected of exhibiting the following behavior will be disqualified:
a. Divers visibly damaging the environment (e.g. gear dragging or kicking up sand)
b. Animals with signs of stress (e.g. puffed puffers, inking octopus)
c. Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location
d. Animals being fed (especially with artificial food from divers)
e. Marine life being touched (e.g. coral polyps, seahorse tails)
f. Divers exhibiting poor buoyancy control
6. The organizers and the judges have the authority to determine whether a photo has been manipulated according to their judgment. The decision of the Jury to disqualify a photo or a photographer is final and indisputable.
7. Images that have won or placed in photo contests announced before 15th April 2018 may not be submitted. A winning image is defined as any image that has placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any contest that has resulted in prizes worth USD100 or more.
8. Images that have been published before may not be submitted.
9. Photoshop manipulation is LIMITED TO:
a. Tonal corrections and colour corrections (no dodging/burning allowed)
b. Moderate sharpening and saturation (but blurring of backgrounds is not allowed)
c. Removing or repairing dirt and lint from scanned negatives; or noise and faulty pixel and damage from digital images
d. Cropping, but only 10% of the original image. (Contestants will be bound by the honour system.) Submissions that have obviously been heavily cropped will be disqualified
e. Double exposure or any other techniques involving more than one picture is not allowed.
f. No watermark and framing is allowed. Any watermark or frames will deem the portfolio to be disqualified.
g. Recomposing by adding, removing or moving objects or models are not allowed.
9. All images need to have been taken underwater. Split shots are allowed.
10. Entries may have been taken from any camera: film (as scanned slides) or digital.
11. Model and property release is the responsibility of the copyright holder.
12. Staff and judges are not responsible for loss or any damage to photo/video submissions.
13. Video stills cannot be submitted as photo entries.
14. Judges’ decision will be final and may not be challenged.
15. By participating in the 2018 Voice of the Ocean Competition, you accept the contest rules.
Prizes do not include shipment and potential import tax fees in the respective home countries of participants.